Turns out that my two “achievable” goals of the month were not as achievable as I’d thought. I’m still too busy at work and I haven’t been able to concentrate on something as complex as a timeline, but I’ve done other stuff instead.
As promised, I’ve shared one of the pieces of art I commissioned, proving that I’d fulfilled my December goals. And I’ll share more of them soon!
I’ve discovered Canva, which I’d heard about but hadn’t tried yet, and made a new header for the blog. And yes, I might have been procrastinating and making fake book covers for my WIPs as well, but some authors recommend to do fake Canva covers (and pinterest boards, but I don’t have pinterest either) for motivation, so I was going to add it as one of my goals for March… I guess I’ve just swapped goals!
I’ve also been writing a lot for my Feathers Project, and I’ve even started writing Chapter Two’s draft. Second chapters are the most difficult to write for me because they’re usually some sort of transition, and I have to fight the urge to infodump. It’s so difficult that, at the beginning of February, I was taking notes for a sequel, even though I haven’t finished the original story yet, because my mind was too cluttered to think about the second chapter.
I finished an outline, realized I now have Chapter One drafts for four stories, which is very encouraging, and tried not to write after working long hours.
To sum up, I fulfilled my two new goals for the month of February: I updated the character templates with the information from the reference files I created for artists an I created a new header and covers on Canva. Next month, I’ll try to implement timelines to all my WIPs and to beta-read a book. I’m looking forward to it already!
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the last days of February, everyone!
One thought on “February 2021 Update”